Summer Project Progress
Back in April I looked through all my projects for the next season and planned out what I was going to do. Well, it’s now June and starting to feel much more summery – so I thought it made sense to review the projects I had set aside and see how I’m doing. I’ll be […]
Back in April I looked through all my projects for the next season and planned out what I was going to do. Well, it’s now June and starting to feel much more summery – so I thought it made sense to review the projects I had set aside and see how I’m doing.
I’ll be honest I’ve been very naughty and added quite a few things. But I have also made progress on some pieces which is great!
I’m now focusing on trying to get some summery dresses for my Spain holiday in July so I can be cool and comfortable.
- Erika Knight Fur Muffler – Erika Knight Fur Wool – I’ll be reviewing this fun furry yarn!
- Seafarer Pillow Cover – Rowan Big Wool – this fab pattern will look great on our bed.
- Elika Wristwarmers – MillaMia Naturally Soft Aran – I’ll be reviewing this pattern and giving away yarn and patten to a lucky reader!
Han Solo Costume Waistcoat, Lekala 6008 – black polycottonComplete! Simplicity 1699 Dress A – Poppy Print Viscose – I made the top from this pattern and loved it, so here’s to the dress!Didn’t work out, gone to UFO heaven B6185 – Vintage stripe cotton – just the blouse with the double collarComplete! Read about it here
- K4045 Mens Shorts – MyFabrics charcoal cotton chambray – Complete! Read about them here
- McCalls 6605 Blouse – Silk crinkle chiffon – Made from some soft silk, a sheer top for the summer – need to hem!
- McCalls 6605 Blouse again – Star print chiffon – I’ve had this fabric for ages, may as well make use of it!
- Lekala 5147 Dress – Scarf print poly – A summery dress, hopefully good for my holidays. The poly is light enough to not be sticky
- K3586 Shirt – Daisy print viscose – Not the most flattering, but this forms part of a shirt-making Craftsy class I am taking and I’ll hopefully be able to make some changes
- Simplicity 2446 Blazer – MyFabrics Maritime Line (poly) – Another Craftsy class on making a blazer, this will be a great wardrobe builder
- Lekala 4243 – Cobalt Blue Liquid Silk – bought the fabric when I went to Goldhawk Road, this will be such fun!
- McCalls 6696 – beagle stripe cotton (used in Barbour jackets!) which has been attempted before!
- Vogue 8577 – pale blue silk chambray
- B6585 coat – cashmere and lambswool – read about the beginnings here
- Vogue 8555 – african wax print – love this though it’s going to be big volume!
- McCalls 6741 – lace print cotton and then Tana Lawn if it works out well! – and it’s plus size!
There we go, some progress made but not the best! My next project will probably be the scarf print poly dress as that will be nice and easy to wear for the summer 🙂<