Spring Project Plans
Planning out spring and summer makes is always exciting but the amount of things I want to get done is quite daunting. Keeping a list and ticking through each project as it's completed should help me stay on track!
It’s now well and truly feeling like “Spring”. The sun is out and my wardrobe needs a revamp! I have so many spring projects to work on that I want to get finished before the heat truly hits. I thought it would be a good idea to write down my intentions, and we can see how far I get!
I’m terrible for buying patterns, fabric, getting all excited and then getting distracted by something else before the time comes. So this is my Spring Resolution, to finish the below spring projects before inventing any more ideas.
I have tonnes of knitting spring projects to get through, including some really great new yarns I will reviewing for you guys (and some opportunities to win too!), so watch this space.
- Lush Jumper – UK Alpaca Super Fine DK – I bought this yarn from Penshurst Craft Show last summer, I have finished all but one sleeve!
- Erika Knight Fur Muffler – Erika Knight Fur Wool – I’ll be reviewing this fun furry yarn!
- Seafarer Pillow Cover – Rowan Big Wool – this fab pattern will look great on our bed.
- Elika Wristwarmers – MillaMia Naturally Soft Aran – I’ll be reviewing this pattern and giving away yarn and patten to a lucky reader!
That’s quite a few projects to be getting on with for now, with even more coming soon, including some exciting new releases. Now on to the sewing!
A few years ago I sold on a large portion of my fabric stash whilst moving house. A lot of it was fabric that didn’t really suit me any more but had been bought years before. I’m determined not to go overkill on my stash this year and keep it no larger than the current level it is (two cube-drawers full and that’s it!)
I have a couple of spring projects that I want to complete before the the heat really sets in, including some dresses which should be comfy to wear all spring/summer long.
Han Solo Costume Waistcoat, Lekala 6008 – black polycotton – Kris wants a Han Solo vets for a fancy dress partyComplete!
- McCalls 6605 Blouse – Silk crinkle chiffon – Made from some soft silk, a sheer top for the summer – started!
- McCalls 6605 Blouse again – Star print chiffon – I’ve had this fabric for ages, may as well make use of it!
Simplicity 1699 Dress A – Poppy Print Viscose – I made the top from this pattern and loved it, so here’s to the dress!Didn’t work out, gone to UFO heaven
- K4045 Mens Shorts – MyFabrics charcoal cotton chambray – Some cool linen/cotton blend shorts for Kris
- Lekala 5147 Dress – Scarf print poly – A summery dress, hopefully good for my holidays. The poly is light enough to not be sticky
- K3586 Shirt – Daisy print viscose – Not the most flattering, but this forms part of a shirt-making Craftsy class I am taking and I’ll hopefully be able to make some changes
- Simplicity 2446 Blazer – MyFabrics Maritime Line (poly) – Another Craftsy class on making a blazer, this will be a great wardrobe builder
- Lekala 4243 – Cobalt Blue Liquid Silk – bought the fabric when I went to Goldhawk Road, this will be such fun!
- B6185 – Vintage stripe cotton – just the blouse with the double collar Complete! Read about it here
- McCalls 6696 – beagle stripe cotton (used in Barbour jackets!) and also some silk chambray which has been attempted before!
- B6585 coat – cashmere and lambswool – read about the beginnings here
- Vogue 8555 – african wax print – love this though it’s going to be big volume!
- McCalls 6741 – lace print cotton and then Tana Lawn if it works out well! – and it’s plus size!
And believe it or not, that’s it for the time being! There are others of course, but we’ll focus on these before we start anything else, I promise!<